Southern Gas Somalia, SGS, is committed to meet and exceed its customer’s satisfaction in terms of product and services offered. This is enhanced through continually improving the management system through corrective and preventive measures.
SGS is also committed to protecting the health and safety of everybody who plays a part in our operations, lives in the communities in which we operate or uses our products. Wherever we operate, we will conduct our business with respect and care for both the local and global environment and systematically manage risks to drive sustainable business growth. We will not be satisfied until we succeed in eliminating all injuries, occupational illnesses, unsafe practices and prevention of pollution. We also shall strive to effectively use the resource and abide by the applicable legal & regulatory principles.
To meet our commitment, SGS will:
- Demonstrate visible and active leadership that engages employees and service providers and manage health, safety and environmental performance as a line responsibility with clear authorities and accountabilities.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors understand that working safely is a condition of employment, and that they are each responsible for their own safety and the safety of those around them.
- Manage all projects, products and processes through their life-cycles in a way that protects safety and health and minimizes impacts on the environment.
- Provide employees with the capabilities, knowledge and resources necessary to instill personal ownership and motivation to achieve excellence.
- Provide relevant safety and health information to contractors and require them to provide proper training for the safe, environmentally sound performance of their work.
- Work with both governments and stakeholders where we operate to develop and identify regulations and standards that improve the Quality, Safety and LPG products.
- Maintain a secure work environment to protect ourselves, our contractors and the company’s assets from risks of injury, property loss or damage resulting from hostile acts.
- Communicate our commitment to this policy to our subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors and the Somali government and seek their support.