Southern Gas Somalia, SGS, is a fully Somali owned joint shareholders company and the first established LP Gas Company to operate in Somalia South. In 2012, the company started its first commercial operations inside the Capital City of Somalia, Mogadishu, and spread its wings over the entire nation within a short period of time.
Southern Gas Somalia with its first LP Gas Plant, efficient tanker fleet and trained personnel is proud to serve our domestic customers, commercial and industrial consumers of South Somalia, efficiently, reliably and safely. SGS’s commitment in consistently meeting customer requirements and on responsiveness to customer needs have been instrumental in achieving in the region.
SGS prides itself in its totally reliable and extremely responsive services to all its customers, and strives continuously to enhance the quality and level of service provided.
SGS are built strongly around ensuring optimum public service. We have very stringent quality standards to ensure that the right quantity and quality product is delivered to our customers and that the best safety practices are followed to protect our valued consumers, their families and their property.
With the steady progress of Southern Somalia and the growing stability, safety and prosperity of its citizens, we see an opportunity for Southern Gas Somalia to continue its plans to pioneer LP Gas and other clean energy initiatives. With the blessings of Allah, we are optimistic that Southern Somalia will emerge as the leading force of developments in real estate, infrastructure and industrial sectors which will provide SGS the opportunity to continue in its quest to deliver reliable energy products and services to the people of this great region.
LP Gas stands for “Liquefied Petroleum Gas”. The name describes a family of light hydrocarbon gases called “Natural Gas Liquids” (NGLs): Propane (C3H8) and Butane (C4H10) which exists as vapors under ambient conditions of temperature and pressure. LP Gas at normal temperature and pressure is a gas. It changes to a liquid when subjected to modest pressure or cooling.
LP Gas is an environmentally friendly source of energy with a wide range of applications: domestic (heating, cooking, hot water production), industrial, agricultural, catering and automotive fuel, refrigeration. LP Gas is used in hundreds of applications by millions of users throughout the world. When LP Gas is burnt it produces the cleanest emissions of all oil-based products, with a low carbon dioxide output. Industry experts predict that there will be enough LP Gas to satisfy anticipated demand for all uses in the foreseeable future.
Why Use LPG
LP Gas is a modern energy which can be used anywhere. There are plenty of other energy sources out there, so why chose LP Gas over the alternatives? You’ll find the answer here.
- Portable: LP Gas can be transported, stored, and used virtually anywhere in the world. It does not require a fixed network and will not deteriorate over time.
- Clean: LP Gas is very clean burning and has lower greenhouse gas emissions than any other fossil fuel when measured on a total fuel cycle. Originating mainly from natural gas production, it is also non-toxic and will not contaminate soil or aquifers in the event of a leak.
- Accessible: LP Gas can be accessible to everyone everywhere today without major infrastructure investment. Nothing needs to be invented and there are enough reserves to last many decades.
- Efficient: LP Gas is cost-effective, since a high proportion of its energy content is converted into heat. LP Gas can be up to five times more efficient than traditional fuels, resulting in less energy wastage and better use of our planet’s resources.
- Convenient: LP Gas is a multi-purpose energy. There are more than a thousand applications, from cooking, heating, air conditioning and transportation, to cigarette lighters and even the Olympic torch.
- Non-Toxic: It’s non-toxic enough to cook with indoors and heat your house; indoor warehouse forklifts use it without ventilation; Supermarkets buff their floors with a propane-powered floor buffer. It’s also a claimed environmentally-safe aerosol propellant, quickly replacing Freon in many cases.